When operating laser devices of the classes 3R, 3B or 4, a qualified laser safety officer must be appointed. The expertise must be verified by successful participation in a course and has to be kept right up to date through further training.
This seminar provides a comprehensive knowledge of direct and indirect potential hazards during the operation of laser systems. Participants will be informed of the origin and the effect of the laser radiation, and learn effective safeguards. In order to be optimally prepared for the task as a Laser Safety Officer, the seminar goes into detail on the legal framework and regulations and laws.
Our training seminars are recognized by the professional associations and labor inspection offices, and meet the requirements necessary to obtain expertise of a Laser Safety Officer, in accordance with Annex 3 of the Accident Prevention Regulation DGUV 11 (BGV B2) and TROS laser radiation.
- Legal basics and technical guidelines
- Physical parameters and properties of laser radiation
- Biological effects of laser radiation
- Laser safety and laser protection - Direct risks
- Laser safety and laser protection - Indirect risks
- Practical work: Exemplary case of hazard assessment
- The Laser Safety Officer - Authority, responsibilities, liability
Employees who will be responsible for laser safety, and Laser Safety Officers who want to refresh their knowledge.
Participants should meet the requirements of TROS Laserstrahlung, Teil Allgemeines, Chapter 5.1. (TROS laser radiation, general part, chapter 5.1.)